A lot of people are asking me what I eat in a single day to lose weight. Well, now that I’m back on track with cooking and eating healthy – let me tell you. Here is what I’ll be doing for the next two weeks.
Breakfast happens between 7:00 am and 10:00 am depending on the day. I’m getting better at starting my days early from Saturday-Monday. These are my cooking days where I can spend a bit more time in the kitchen. On the weekends, I’ll take the time and make things like omelettes, scrambled eggs, or a large smoothie with fresh fruit. One of my favorite things to do that reminds me of my mum is to dip toast into a soft boiled egg.
- 1-2 cups of fresh fruit
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups of Special K cereal with probiotic yogurt & berries
- 1 hard-boiled egg and 1 piece of fruit
- 1 piece of toast with peanut butter & 1 piece of fruit
Lunch will vary from day to day depending on what I ate the previous night and whether I remember to bring my lunch to work or not. These are a few ideas I have for the next two weeks. Lunch is where I struggle the most and run out of good ideas.
- Spring salad with dried cranberries, mandarin oranges and pumpkin seeds (2 cups).
- Tomato and cucumber salad with vinaigrette dressing
- A mix of bell peppers, feta cheese and tomato salad
- Chicken, avocado and egg salad with a touch of mayo
- Fresh fruit, rice crackers and cheese make a nice side dish or snack. Same with yogurt or low fat pudding.
This week, I’ve already made two large pots of stir-fry. I have a ton of vegetables left over and if weather cooperates, I may turn them into a casserole or soup tomorrow. That’s the problem with cooking for one. There is always a ton of leftovers. No matter how much you cook. I might have to batch cook and freeze some meals this week. I may have overdone it on the groceries this week.
- Monday night: veggie stir fry with pork and mushroom dumplings
- Tuesday night: veggie stir fry with marinated beef strips and jasmine rice
- Wednesday night: left over stir fry with beef stripes and jasmine rice
- Thursday night: a vegetable casserole with cheese and wheat tortilla chips
- Friday night: cooked shrimp, steamed vegetables and rice
- Saturday night: take the night off cooking – have some left overs or treat myself to a flatbread spinach pizza
Next week? I guess I’ll have to wait and see what kind of leftovers I have!
- Fresh avocado with salt and pepper
- A mix of fresh fruit including oranges, strawberries, bananas, blueberries and raspberries
- A cup of yogurt with some berries
- A homemade smoothie for when I’m not very hungry but need a boost
- Rice crackers and cheese
- A piece of whole wheat or flax seed bread with peanut butter
- Hard-boiled eggs
- A cup of low-fat pudding (60-90 calories each)
Help keep mostlysingle.com ad free by donating – just $5 can help with the costs of keeping this website alive.